Cats/LITTER TRAINING

Question
I have a full grown adult cat who is using my kitchen sink and bay window as her litter box.  This started about a year ago.  I have a total of 7 cats - all of which have been together for 8 years.  Nothing new in the house.  Why would one cat be giving me problems like this?

Answer
Hi
cat behaviour can change quite often and so even though these cats have lived together for some time it is not uncommon for attitudes and like and dislikes to change with time.

Cats generally do not like to share their litter trays as the smell of other cats waste is a sign of territory etc. So it may be that this cat has decided to make the window her territory and leave the litter trays for the other cats.

i don't know how many litter trays you have but if they don't have one each perhaps you could increase the number of trays you do have and give this cat some time alone with one of them using the confinement process described here

/cat-litter-box.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth