Cats/Sudden litter avoidance

I have had my female cat for 2 years, got another female about 3 month ago - everything was fine until we went away for 2 nights. Since then, my older female has been peeing outside the litter box, seeming deliberately when lm around to see her doing it. What could be causing this and what can l do?

this is a common question that I am asked and there can be many reasons why it starts to happen. because of this i decided to write a web page about the issue and how best to tackle it. So if I could ask you to take a look at my web pages about this issue I'm sure you will be able to sort the problem out soon. here are the pages

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.