Cats/cat

Question
My cat seemed to have lost meow recently. He is one year old and used to be vocal, now he opens his mouth and nothing comes out.  What could this be?  He also seems not as spunky as he was.

Answer
Hi
Well it doe rather depend on how long this has happened for. It is within the last few days then I would say that it sounds like he has caught a cold and has a sore throat. This is common and nothing to worry about it should pass in a few days. My own cat goes croaky or eve n silent when she has a cold and as they are not feeling themselves will be quieter than before.

if it has been going o for longer than he will need to see the vet for further investigations as it is impossible to say what else could be causing his change in mood etc.

Hopefully it is just a passing cold.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth