Cats/cat having babies

My cat is in such pain she can't move , lays and shakes and breaths hard . Like she is going to die , for a whole night , then next afternoon she is ok , now the second night she is doing it again , I am afraid , what can i do ?

Well it could be that your cat is going into labor. this can take some time but if you feel that it is going on for too long with no sign of the kittens then you must take her to the vet to be checked.

Although rare some cats can have complications during labor and may need some help from a vet.

I hope she is Ok and that you have your new kittens soon

I have some web pages about cat pregnancy and also kitten care which you may find of further interest

best wishes KAte

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.