Cats/cat is not eating

i have a female cat who is suffering from heat. i dont want her to have babies right now. is spaying the only option i have? i want her to have babies later. i cant see her uneasiness. i feel sorry for her. what should i do?

I have not had experience of this myself but I have heard that their may be a sort of cat contraceptive that a vet can administer. I don't know if this stops the heat entirely or just prevents pregnancy and I also don't know how widely available it is.

telephone your vet surgery and ask over the phone if they are able to prescribe anything for your cat. Also if they do as k about about any side effects or long term use issues.

best wishes Kate

my cat (5 month old persian) is only having milk and biscuits these days. i want her to have meat too but she is just not interested. i tried giving her chicken liver and meat both but she is just not eating it. is it because of summers? i live in pakistan and it is quite hot these days...please help.

first of all you should only give your cat milk which is made for cats. Normal milk contains lactose which many cats cannot digest properly and can cause illness. Water is the best option.

As for only eating dry food, well yes it is quite possible that she does not have a big appitite due to the heat and this is Ok. Also dry cat food is nutritionallly balanced to give your cat all the nutrients they need, so don;t worry if they do not want to eat meat as well. My own cat eat only dry food for years.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.