Cats/cat poops in litterbox but does not pee

I have a 3 yr old male cat we got him when he was almost one from a shelter and got him fixed, he always poops in his litterbox, but will never pee and i havent been able to find his pee spot, but i seen him spraying in our closet the other day, i love him soo much and dont want to get rid of him but how do i get him to pee in the litter box?

This is a common issue which I am contacted about almost every day. I have therefore written several pages about this issue to try and cover all the possible causes and also how to try and prevent it.

Please see the following two web pages for more details.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.