Cats/cat urine

How can I keep my cats from urinating on the garage floor in the same place? The litter box is only 3 feet away and they still choose to do their business on the cement floor!

there must be some residual smell from the previous urine. this will encourage them to use the area again.

Please see my page about cleaning urine here

Also cats need to have their own litter trays, this may be why one of them started to urinate on the floor in the first place. the smell of the other cats urine will deter them from using a single tray.

the trays should not be placed to close to each other.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.