Cats/peppermint candy

Question
Saturday morning my cat apparently ingested a (or some)of a peppermint candy. Today he apparently is having diarrhea for his hindend is covered with poop and he is not eating like he normally does. He still seems alert and playful.  Does he need immediate attention by a vet? How harmful is this candy to a cat?

Answer
Hi
no I think peppermint is not dangerous but it has probably upset his system. However this should settle down after a day or so, you should feed him a very plain diet for a few days to allow his system to recover.

i have a web page about cat diarrhoea which you might find of further help and information

/cat-diarrhea.html

If he is no better in a few days then a trip to the vets is always a good idea to be on the safe side.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth