Cats/tabbi behavior

I have had my brother and sister cats for 4 years now.  I am suddenly noticing that one of them if not both (not sure yet) is urinating on my clean laundry.  There is no disease present in either of them.  Would a cat that urinates in laundry lay in it afterwards with the urine?  My female will and I am not sure if that could help tell which is doing it.  The urine in the box also seems to be getting stronger when I clean it out.

there are several reasons why this may happen. Either it is behavioural please see my web page here for more on this here

or it is an urine infection, this could be why the urine smell so strong. Again I have a fuller explanation of this on my website here

It is not usual for a cat to lay in their own urine as they are generally very clean animals. this may suggest ill health rather than a behaviour issue.

I hope my pages can help you with your problem.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.