Cats/Cat Not Using Litter for Solid Waste

Question
I have 2 sphynx cats, one 10 and one 8 years old.  In June, 2008, the 8 year old starting doing her solid waste outside the kitty litter, right in front of it.  I've had her to the vet.  She's been on paxil, which would help briefly, then she'd do it again.  This started when I was away on vacation.  I have a cat sitter come 2 times each day when I'm away.  This continues.  Three weeks ago, the vet suggested moving the kitty litter.  I did that and she used the litter for 1 week, and now it's back to the same thing.  I'm feeling exasperated and am tired of cleaning up this mess almost every day for a year now.

Answer
Hi
you did not mention if you had two separate litter trays one for each of your cats.

i ask this because cats very often do not like to share the litter tray because the scent of the other cat is a territory marker.

It is best to have two separate trays not near to each other. you could also try a cat litter like cat attract which as the name suggests attracts the cats to it.

Please see this page for litter alternatives such as cat attract

/cat-litter.html

I have another web page with a little more information about Middening (cat defecating outside of litter ) here for more information and background to this issue.

/cat-poo.html

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth