Cats/Cat peeing and pooping on couch

Question
why would my cat after 3 years all of a sudden start peeing and pooping on my couch after we go to bed in the middle of the night. In the same spot each time.

Answer
Hi
well this can be quite complicated and could be caused by many things. Basically it is either ill health or behavioural. However if it only occurs at a certain time of day it is more likely behavioural.

because the issue can be caused by so many different things I have written a web page about the issue which should explain things a little fuller and also help you understand how you can help your cat.

Here is my web page about this issue.

/cat-urine.html

There is always a reason for this behaviour and it is never because of bad behaviour or naughtiness, there is always a reason. the trick is finding the reason and trying to stop it.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth