Cats/Cat urinating on bed.

Hello. My cat, Harley, has been urinating on my bed for four nights in a row. He has done this several times before, but never so close together. Normally it is caused by what I think is separation anxiety. I caught him outside of my grandfather's house as a young kitten and ever since he has been extremely attached to me. I have researched this question, but haven't found any help. How else do you know if your cat has a urinary tract infection other than urinating on bed, clothes, etc.? He is using his litter box but why is he urinating on my bed once a day for four days now? Can you help me? Thanks for your time.

I think the best way for me to answer this question for you is to ask you to read my two web pages about cat urinating reasons and also one about urinary infections in cats. Hopefully the pages will give you the information you need to understand this very common and upsetting issue.

here are the pages

Just to let you know that the bed is a very common place for this behaviour to occur. its because it smells strongly of you so this is comforting too him and he is trying to add his scent to this area to confirm his place in the home.

You may want to try the litter training process mentioned on the pages to see if this helps him regain some confidence etc.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.