Cats/Cats Getting Along

Question
I have 3 cats. Mom and 2 from her litter of 5, 1 female, 1 male. Mom is about 7, babies are 5. I recently acquired a female, about 4, from a friend that had a massive stroke, which left her paralyzed on her left side. She can no longer take care of her cats. She had 2, I gave the boy away to a friend. He didn't get along with his sister, or my cats. They are both 4, and have lived together since birth. I kept the newcomers separated in their own room, for about 2-3 weeks. I had to finally separate the brother & sister, she stayed in my bathroom. It's a long story, but I finally gave the boy away. The girl got along fine with my cats, until I gave the boy away, now everyone is fighting, hissing a growling. Pixie, the new girl, won't go anywhere my cats are. She is afraid to be near them. I think, she thinks, just because her brother, pounced, hissed and growled at her, she thinks all cats will be the same way. Is there anything I can do? She is like the black sheep of the family. My husband & I pay attention to her, we make her feel that she is part of this family. I have had her here since May. Her brother wouldn't let her eat, drink, or use the cat tray. She only weighed 4 1/2 lbs. now she weighs 5. I had to take her to the vet, she was very sick. Sorry, I kind of get carried away. She is the sweetest, little, furry, calico girl, we just love her. My other 3 cats, are also loved very much. I just wish everyone would get along. When she first came here, my cats used to lay with her in the windows on the window perches I have in all the windows. It just doesn't make any sense, why all of a sudden, they don't like her. Did they have a conference, when I wasn't looking, and decided, they didn't want her here? I still give my other 3 a lot of attention, so it isn't like they are being neglected or ignored.  What's Up?
HELP!!!!!

Answer
Hi
well I think the best solution here would be to take some steps backwards and reintroduce thema ll again but in such a way s they can gain confidence in each others presence without the fear of injury etc.

The process does take a wekk or som and may have to be repeated in some cases. it can be a bit time consuming but manyb people have used this process and have found that it does settle the cats down with each other, although with cats there are never any garantees that they will love each other, sometimes the best we can hope for is a sort of truce.

here is my web page about the introduction process, hope it works for your cats too.

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth