Cats/Ear Mites

I took in a cat today who is very nice and very good he is clean looking at i checked for fleas and he does not have one i am assuming he belongs to someone. so i put him back outside after i fed him a couple hours later i went to go out and he was still hanging around and wouldn't stop following me so i took him back in...but he has ear mites and i have a 3 ina half month old and a 3 year old...will they make my children sick...and would it help if i cleaned out his ears? Thank You

First I must sya that if you feed and start to look after a cat they will consider you there home and will return all the time for food etc. So if you think that he does belong to someone else, the bets thing to do is not to feed or let him into your home.

Ear mites are not pleasant and they can be passed on to other animals ( I'm not sure about humans but its best not to get too close until they have been treated)

Please see my web page about cat ear mites here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.