Cats/Young kitten with fleas

Question
I just discovered my 7 week old Male kitten Gibbs who I've only had 4 days has a few fleas. The youngest age on all the flea products I've looked at is 12 weeks. I read in another question that you answered that a bath with Johnson's baby shampoo is okay but I'm afraid to give him a bath.   What would be the safest way for both of us to get rid of those darn fleas? Would it be okay to just go ahead and use a flea collar?

Also, I have his litter box in a "high traffic" area.  To the best of my family knowledge he has used it every time. But he meows a lot when he gets ready to use it, is he bothered or is this normal?

Answer
Hi
please see this page, some of the product mentioned on this page are suitable for kittens.

/flea-collars.html

Regarding the litter box situation. It is better to try and have the box in a quiet corner where the cat can feel secure and safe. he may be anxious about using it and this is the cause of the meowing. If possible try to move it to see if he can become more confident with it.

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth