Cats/cat off balance

Question
My 16 year old cat is holding his head to one side and losing his balance.  His one ear had some dark matter in it.  I cleaned out his ear with alcohol and the vet gave him ten days of antibiotics.  It has been at least a week and he is still acting funny.  What do you think?

Answer
Hi
well you did the right thing taking him to the vets as they will definitely be the only ones able to help your cat.

If the antibiotics are finished, i would make another appointment with the vet, as some improvement should have been made once the antibiotics have finished. he may need some further examination to find out if there is a foreign body in his ear etc.

i hope the problem is sorted out soon for you both,

P.s I do have a web page about ear problems in cats which you may find of further interest here

/cat-ear-mites.html

best wishes Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth