Cats/cat problems

i have 2 cats 1 is female and 1 is male the female is the mother of my male cat and is about 1 years old. yesterday i gave my male cat a bath with coconut shampoo and as soon as he got out my female cat started hissing and attacking him and she did it again today i'm afraid she doesn't know him anymore can u help me please im worried about them??

opps, cats react very strongly to scents and it is always recommended that you never put any scented products on a cat.

In this case your female cat is reacting because your male cat smells strange to her and this has frightened her.

You will need to try and get the smell off of your male cat. Rub bicarbonates of soda through his fur and then brush out thoroughly, this should reduce the smell.

You may then also have to go through a period of re introduction for your cats to help build confidence again in each other. the process for this is described here

This is a common problem often encountered after one cat goes to the vets and smells of the vets surgery. But once the scent is gone and the cats have been given time to become re-acquainted again things should be back to normal again.

bets wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.