Cats/kittens behavior

how can you get a kitten that's been took from it's mother too soon to keep from trying to suck on you? she already eats solid foods well and uses the litter box well. but there are times in the middle of the night, you are woke up with her trying to nuzzle as close to your neck and ears making a sucking noise. it drives me nuts!please have an answer.

The best way to train a cat is by using the negative. positive response to behaviour. If they repeatedly get a negative response to a particular behaviour then they will learn not to do it. However the discipline has to be kept to strictly for it to work.

I have a web page about this negative/positive discipline here

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.