Cats/lactating cats

Our cat has stopped lactating and the kittens are only 2 days old. What can we do to help?

well firstly you need to get your queen to a vets as soon as you can to see if they can give her anything which can help her produce milk again.

In the mean time you will have to hand rear the kittens yourself, this is a tough job and one which will take a lot of time and effort on your part.

can I recommend that you read my page about this issue here for more advice as to how to go about this.

I hope all works out well for you all.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.