Cats/re:pale yellow goo

hi im camery, i sent a mesage to norm i think and my cat savanah (a 8 year old rag doll cat with black and white fur) has pale yellow goo coming out of her bottom aria (but not her bottom exactly). wat i did not include is that she seams to be in no pain at all. her fur is realy healthy too. wat is your answer to do with my vanna kitty. please tell me.

well this sounds like an infection to me in that area. A discharge like this would indicate infection.
Now why this has happened is hard to say and yes she may not necessarily be in pain or discomfort, but then again cats are very good at covering up this.

Any signs of discharge in this area needs to been urgently investigated by a vet.

best wishes Kate and I hope she is back to her old self again after treatment.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.