Cats/Introducing cat to other cats in household

I currently have two cats.  About 6 weeks ago, I adopted a 2-yr. old siamese cat that been abandoned outside.  The problems is that the siamese cat (she has been fixed) is very aggressive with two older (fixed) cats in household. She extends her paw out to reach them and chases them.  My older cats hiss and run.  I keep the siamese in a separate room the majority of the day. The aggression seems to be getting worse.  I would really like for them all to live together in peace.  Any suggestions?  I am desperate!

there are never any guarantees that cats will get along with each other, sometimes the best you can hope for is a sort of harmony most of the time.

however it is important how cats are introduced to each other as this gives them confidence etc.

i have written a web page about the introduction process which if you try to follow for a week or so may help to calm things down a little.

here is the page

it is also important that the cats all have their own separate areas in the home that they can retreat to when necessary.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.