Cats/Introducing cat to other cats in household

Question
I currently have two cats.  About 6 weeks ago, I adopted a 2-yr. old siamese cat that been abandoned outside.  The problems is that the siamese cat (she has been fixed) is very aggressive with two older (fixed) cats in household. She extends her paw out to reach them and chases them.  My older cats hiss and run.  I keep the siamese in a separate room the majority of the day. The aggression seems to be getting worse.  I would really like for them all to live together in peace.  Any suggestions?  I am desperate!

Answer
Hi
there are never any guarantees that cats will get along with each other, sometimes the best you can hope for is a sort of harmony most of the time.

however it is important how cats are introduced to each other as this gives them confidence etc.

i have written a web page about the introduction process which if you try to follow for a week or so may help to calm things down a little.

here is the page

/introducing-cats.html

it is also important that the cats all have their own separate areas in the home that they can retreat to when necessary.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth