Cats/Nursing feline with diahorea.

My young female cat "lottie" had 4 kittens two days ago.She has a very sore anus,and constant diahorea which is very strong in smell.I am worried that she is in pain and got an infection.She keeps separating the babies and putting them in different places.I also think that the kittens are not getting enough milk from her as they are crying alot.I am weighing them daily,their weights are 7oz,7oz,7oz and 6 oz at the moment.What should I give Lottie to solidify her stools and make her more comfortable.?Many thanks.Jackie.

I do have a web page about cat diarrhoea which may help here

However as she is nursing and she may have picked up an infection, I would be very tempted in taking her to the vets to be treated. You are not only dealing with the health of your queen but also her kittens and it is very important that your queen is in tip top shape to take care of the kittens so that they grow strong and healthy.

I hope your new furry family are all well again soon

best wishes Kite

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.