Cats/cat family fighting all of a sudden

Hi i have 3 male cats inside Spirit is the oldest he is fixed then the middle one is Shadow not fixed and then Rascal the youngest not fixed either they are Uncle brother brother they have all been together and all of a sudden the two little ones are fighting the oldest Spirit and i mean tearing up the house knocking stuff down i don't know what to do and i am having a hard time keeping them apart

I really do think it is because these two are not neutered. it is normal for tom cats to fight over territory even if they have lived together all there lives. instinct and hormones are far stronger than any relationship they may have built up.

After neutering you will have to give them all a period of re introduction to help build confidence again in each other. this can seem like a long time consuming process but it really is worth it in the long run to regain a harmonious home. this process is described here for reference

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.