Cats/cats in an apartment

Question
I have just recently moved into an apartment and have 2 cats who were very used to leaving during the day and in the early am and comming back at night. Well unfortunatly for the past 3 weeks in our new apt. They have been inside cats, however the youngest of the 2 got out this morning and all of these apt look the same ! How can I be sure she comes to the right one if she comes back? I'm very upset and don't know what to do  !! Please help

Answer
Hi
well cats are generally quite smart and will lay there own scent trail down when they are searching out new territory.

however you could rub your door frame with the cats bedding or you could leave an item of your clothing outside near the door if possible. there sense of smell is fantastic and they will be able to smell these things from a ways off.

Also call them every couple of hours or so in case they are somewhere in ear shot.

if your cat does not find their way back soon, there are some measures you can take to try and find them again.

please see my web page about this here

/lost-cats.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth