Cats/cats in an apartment

I have just recently moved into an apartment and have 2 cats who were very used to leaving during the day and in the early am and comming back at night. Well unfortunatly for the past 3 weeks in our new apt. They have been inside cats, however the youngest of the 2 got out this morning and all of these apt look the same ! How can I be sure she comes to the right one if she comes back? I'm very upset and don't know what to do  !! Please help

well cats are generally quite smart and will lay there own scent trail down when they are searching out new territory.

however you could rub your door frame with the cats bedding or you could leave an item of your clothing outside near the door if possible. there sense of smell is fantastic and they will be able to smell these things from a ways off.

Also call them every couple of hours or so in case they are somewhere in ear shot.

if your cat does not find their way back soon, there are some measures you can take to try and find them again.

please see my web page about this here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.