Cats/dribbling cat

Question
Hi im wondering if you could help me with my pet cat pluto who is 14 years old, she dribbles all the time when she is sitting on my lap,theres loads of it and it will hang out of her mouth down 6 or 7 cms. She seems happy and affectionate but its not very pleasent for the person she is sitting on!
Why does she produce so much saliva? and is there anything we can do to reduce this problem?

thank you

Answer
Hi
well I think it may just be an age issue really. My own old cat does this every time she sits on my lap (we have a cushion on our laps which she sits on so the dribble goes on that).

It may be worth having her teeth checked in case there is an issue there as this can sometimes cause dribbling.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth