Cats/mother cat

Question
My 9 mo old calico cat recently had 4 kittens herself. When I rescued her she was already pregnant. She is a good mom and her kittens are healthy.The kittens are now 5 weeks old. The problem is she is down to skin and bones. I curently feed her dry kitten food and some canned cat food. She seems healthy enough,although her eyes lack luster. She still plays fetch with me etc...I fed her a scrambled egg and she seemed to like it, so did her kittens. They are eating kitten food and yesterday ate some egg and cat food that I kept away from there normal environment , but you know how kittens are. Into everything. Any ideas about my mom cat? Thanks Diane

Answer
Hi
yes it is very important that nursing queens get a lot of extra nutrients to not only keep their own body condition up but also be able to provide the kittens with quality milk etc.

there are special cat foods designed for queens which contain extra nutrients for them.. i think perhaps the food she is currently receiving may just not be enough for her right now.

please my web page about special cat tides here

/cat-diet.html

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth