Cats/older cat

Question
My male cat is neutered, declawed in front, he is 18 years old has been healthy all his life with vet visits and all. He just started peeing in the shower and other places he has never done this befor. help

Answer
Hi
there are several reason why this may be happening. One it is either behavioural, which means that your cat has been upset my something and is feeling the need to scent. Or he has a urinary infection.

Due to his age it could be that he is starting to have some bladder problems and so I would have this checked out first by the vet to be on the safe side before considering any behavioural issues.

i have a web page about this issue here which you may find of further interest and help

/cat-urine.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth