Cats/poops out side of box

Question
hi. i have a young adult cat that was using the litter box with no problems but lately she started to poop out side the box. the box is on the top floor now she poops any where. please help.....rosette

Answer
Hi
well this is either caused by ill health ie.e diarrhoea or it is behavioural called middening.

if you feel that she is deliberately pooping elsewhere then it is probably middening. this is another form of territory marking and is also used to help make the cat feel more at home 9if something has happened which may have upset them. for more details about this issue please see my web page here

/cat-poo.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth