Cats/poorly kitten

I have a kitten about 3months old, he was fine till Saturday night when he became very lethargic, won't eat or drink, he has had 1 poo and 3 or 4 wees. I have tried him with a bit of tuna and cooked chicken but still won't eat. I can't get to the vets today because it's bank holiday is there anything i can do till then

no there is not much you can do really until you can get him to the vets. Make sure he somewhere comfortable and quiet to sleep, make sure he has plenty of fresh water near by at all times.

Hopefully it is just a virus that will clear up in a few days (best to the visit the vet any way though when you can)

i hope the little guy is ok again soon
best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.