i have a cat that is 15 months of age
she has not been spayed
she sprays when in heat which is quite often
will she continue to spray once she is spayed
thank you

yes but not to the same extent. un-spayed cats are spraying to leave a marker for tom cats to say hi here i am. A sort of introduction come and get me card. spayed cats will only spray if they feel they have to mark their territory. This only happens if they smell another cat who has sprayed. So this is less of an occurrence and indeed you may never witness it.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.