Cats/treating my lactating cat for fleas

Question
Hi
My cat gave birth 3 weeks ago, i hadnt noticed fleas on her before and had treated her with Frontline during her pregnancy, it would now seem that she does have fleas, i have since treated her again but I wondered if there was anything that can be put on the bedding bearing in mind that the kittens are in there, as i know that they cant be treated until they are 8 weeks old Am i right in thinking that there is an injection available from the vet for fleas, also please could you tell me when she is able to be neutered. Many thanks for your help.
Kind regards
Sharon

Answer
Hi
let me answer your second question first. you can have your female cat spayed after she has weaned the kittens so between 8 and 12 weeks.

As for the fleas, everything needs to be treated, bedding, carpets, soft furnishing etc. this is vitally important especially as you have kittens and fleas can make kittens very sick indeed. the trouble with fleas is that they can lie dormant in carpets etc for some time so you need to treat both the cats and the home at the same time.

Please see my web page for information on fleas, and how to treat them

/cat-fleas.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth