Cats/treating my lactating cat for fleas

My cat gave birth 3 weeks ago, i hadnt noticed fleas on her before and had treated her with Frontline during her pregnancy, it would now seem that she does have fleas, i have since treated her again but I wondered if there was anything that can be put on the bedding bearing in mind that the kittens are in there, as i know that they cant be treated until they are 8 weeks old Am i right in thinking that there is an injection available from the vet for fleas, also please could you tell me when she is able to be neutered. Many thanks for your help.
Kind regards

let me answer your second question first. you can have your female cat spayed after she has weaned the kittens so between 8 and 12 weeks.

As for the fleas, everything needs to be treated, bedding, carpets, soft furnishing etc. this is vitally important especially as you have kittens and fleas can make kittens very sick indeed. the trouble with fleas is that they can lie dormant in carpets etc for some time so you need to treat both the cats and the home at the same time.

Please see my web page for information on fleas, and how to treat them

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.