Cats/Kittens (2) loosing their hair around ear tips

I'm not sure what going on but 2 of my 3 kittens are slowly loosing some of their hair. They are getting very fine around their ear tips.
I have no idea what's causing this and would appreciate help.
Thank you,

normally losing fur is caused by either a parasite problem or a skin condition see my web page about this here

unfortunately it is difficult to say what the actual cause could be in this case without an examination of the area. this should be done by a vet. At least that way you will be able to get on top of any illness before it gets any worse.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.