Cats/Queen Cat

My cat has kittens that are 6 days old today. She has kept them in the nest until last night, she moved them. Why? Will she bring them back to the nest or is it okay to get the kittens %26 bring them to the nest or should I just leave them alone?

no this is fine and quite normal behaviour. Often queens will feel the need to move their kittens for safety. I would leave well alone she will move them to somewhere safe and it sounds like she is a good mother and so i would not worry.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.