Cats/Spayed cat acting like she is in heat and peeing everywhere

I have a 5 year old female (Sadie) that I got spayed along with a one year old ( Kitty) about 8 months ago and Sadie is still acting like she is in heat! ( MOSTLY AROUND MY HUSBAND?) And to make things worse she is peeing everywhere in my house, something that she has NEVER done before. I have checked with several vets and they have all told me different things, I am taking her to the vet this week to be checked for a UTI. If it isn't a UTI why is she doing this. I love Sadie very much but I am 9 months pregnant and I can't have her doing that around my baby. I am at the end of my rope! Please help

The best thing I can do is to direct you to my web page about this issue . It will be able to explain better why your cat is possibly doing this. I would also suggest that it has something to do with you being pregnant, i.e things changing round the home, you may smell differently or be acting differently all things which can affect a cats behaviour. Any way as I say I think it best that I direct you to my web page here

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.