Cats/baby kittens

Question
My cousin has a cat that just had kittens and we noticed that one of the baby kittens have something long and red hanging out its butt! We do not know what it is. Can u please give us your opinion! Thanks

Answer
Hi
It may just be something left over from the birth. Are you sure it is not part of the umbilical cord.

if it is still there in another day i would telephone your local vet to see if they can advise. It is difficult to be able to diagnose something like this without see it as it may just be left over goo or it could be something congenital which is wrong with the kitten.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth