Cats/my cat

I have a 3 month old kitten,nothing you do for her makes her happy. she does not want to be held or anything,she got out of the house last night, we went looking for her, could not find her. she was gone about 45 minutes before she come home.she goes through the house meowing all the time. could she be in heat?

At three months this would be very young indeed for her to be in heat, but then again different breeds develop at different speeds and it is recommend that you have cats spayed between 3 and 6 months, so she may be moving into that area now and could explain her agitation.

the best thing you can do is to speak to your vet about spaying (if that is what you in tend on doing).

It is also important that kittens are given lots of things to do to keep them amused during the day, her behaviour may also be down to boredom, so make sure that she has lots of toys and time spent with human interaction, i.e games etc.

I have web pages about cat neutering here which you may find of further help

Also pages about kitten care etc

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.