Cats/cat attacks

Question
hi my 3 & a half year old cat was neutered 9 days ago & she is viciously attacking me im very scared of her is it her hormones settling down or has she just gone mad.help please

Answer
Hi
No she is scared and a little freaked out by her recent experience. this is not a uncommon problem for some cats. they can react badly to going to the vets and especially if she has been through surgery.

What you need to do is to let her calm down in her own way give her space and also try to rebuild your bonds with her in such a way as she feels non threatened by you. Please take a look at my web page about bonding, it has some ideas as to how best to approach your cat.

/new-cat.html

Don't worry, I'm sure with a little time and with your patience she will return to her loving self as before.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth