Cats/cat with diarrhea

Question
My cat was recently pregnant and had 5 healthy kittens.  About 2 weeks before giving birth she started having diarrhea and has had it ever since (its been about a month now) now she has been going on the rug, in her pet bed, and on the floor, while still using her litter box. She's never had this problem before. It seems as if she is having accidents but I can't tell. I took her to the vet and he seemed to have no answers. My boyfriend is thinking about getting rid of her if the problem isn't solved. We got her from a friend and I know it would break her heart if she was given away AGAIN. Any ideas?

Answer
Hi
Well all I can suggest is that you feed your cat a very plain diet for a few days to try and settle her stomach down, also keep her in one room with her kittens and the litter tray and some fresh water and somewhere soft to sit.

Please see my web page about treating cat diarrhoea for more details here

/cat-diarrhea-treatment.html

i hope the problem can be sorted out as it must be distressing for the cat also. Plus her kittens need her to be strong and healthy for them too.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth