Cats/My cat is very talkative

Dear Kate,
I have a white cat with blue eyes and he is deaf.  He is very talkative.  And you will know when he talks to you because he will stand right in front of you and meowing loudly.  I have no idea what he wants.  Sometimes I thought he wants me to pet him but when I reach out to touch him, he will play this yoga move to avoid my touch(if you know what I mean!) And sometimes he will walk around the house when he meows, loudly!!! Have you ever come across cat like this? Is there a way I can find out what he wants from me or why is he behaving this way?  Many thanks.

I have had no experience of deaf cats before but I think that they are more vocal for some reason. i think your best option is to contact a web site for disabled animals. I know there are several online and they will be able to give you far more information about this issue.

best wishes Kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.