Cats/my cat wont feed her 4 day old kittens

Question
hi my cat wont feed her 4 day old kittens she hasn't been a good mother from the beginning so i have now taken over and feeding them myself they were starving they took to the feeding bottle straight away is this the right thing to do?

Answer
Hi
yes sadly some cats don't take to motherhood and the kittens do need to be taken care off straight away. The task is not an easy one but is well worth it.

there are lots of things you have to know about taking care of kittens from birth, for instance the bottle nipple needs to be a special one for kittens, a normal babies one is not right as they need a a extra long thin one to help them feed.

i have lots of information about kitten care on my web site which you may find of further help. here is the first page

/kitten-food.html

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth