Cats/hairball problem?

Question
kitten been coughing and retching for several days..has had a huge hairball last week, so i thought she may need to be wormed...did that  no results she continues to retch and cough and hack...finally read where i could give her a tiny bit of butter...she would not eat it finally squirted a tiny bit of olive oil in her mouth last night still no results..can you help me....she weighs 5 lbs ...she was eating all the time but now hardly touches her food..

Answer
Hi
hairballs can be a problem and in most cases the cat can get rid of it themselves. However there are times when the ball is just to big and the cat will need help removing it. Unfortunately the only person who can do this safely is a vet.

I have a web page about hairballs which you may find of further interest here

/hairballs.html

I hope the problem is sorted out soon as it's not very nice for either you or your poor kitty

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth