Cats/pregant queen

Question
my young 16month old siamese queen insists on letting our 14week old kittens suckle  will this harm the unborn kittens she has about 3 1/2 weeks to goand it is her first litter

Answer
Hi no it won't harm the unborn kittens but the milk the queen produced straight after giving birth contains a colostrum for the first 12 to 24 hours. This is vitally important for the new kittens growth and health. So the fact that other kittens are suckling may disturb this natural balance, i. e she may not produce this milk composition as she should after birth. i really would try to keep the queen separate from the other kittens until well after the birth of the new kittens.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth