Cats/ragdoll kitten

hi i have a ragdoll kitten she is 7mths old and acting quite strange the last couple of days. she is crying and carrying a special toy around with her and not following me around like she does . she is sort of sitting and hiding in different places. i was wondering if she maybe coming into heat. she is eating ok  . thanks for your help  sue

Hi yes sounds to me like she may be going into heat. At 7 months old this is well within the time span for this.

I have a web page about cats in heat which you may find of further interest here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.