Cats/Can runaway cat come back?

Question
My cat Toby 2 years old who I fostered since he was 3 months
old walked off the house on September 8th.
He is mostly indoor cat. One time before he walked off in the evening
and was gone for 7 hours.
This time he is compleatly gone. It has been already 10 days.
I have put plenty of posters everywhere and he has a micorchip.
Nobody has seen him. He is sort of shy to other people but follow
me everywhere. He is like my baby. I am so heart broken and lost
hope to ever see him again.
Do you think that there is a chance for him coming back?
He isn't oudoor cat. Do you think that he may be still alive?
Do cats have an instinct to find their home?

Answer
Hi
yes i do think there is still a chance that he will come back. I have known cats to be gone for weeks even in some cases months and then just turn up. My sisters cat did this and we thought he was definitely gone but no all of a sudden there he was on the door step.

Keep calling him, keep putting food out for him an also leave something of his out side with his scent on or even something of yours. this will help him find his way back if he is near.

I have a web page about lost and found cats which you may also find of interest.

/lost-cats.html

I hope you find him soon

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth