Cats/MY CAT EATS TO MUCH

Question
WHY DOES MY CAT EAT LIKE ITS HIS LAST MEAL? HE EATS FAST AND EATS ALL DAY.I RESCUED HIM FROM LIVING UNDER A BUSH AFTER BEING ABOUNDED BY HIS MOTHER AT AGE 6 WEEKS.HES 6 MONTHS NOW.HE HAS A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH FROM THE VETS AND HES NEUTERED.

Answer
Hi
this is a common problem with cats that have been stray before. basically they are remembering that they did not always get regular meals and so are anxious that this may be their last meal and so are trying to eat as much as they can.

this behavior needs to be managed as it can cause, weight problems, and digestive disorders.

the cat will learn in time that he will always get regular meals and should calm down but in the mean time you have to be strong for him. I suggest feeding him smaller meals of mixed dry food and wet, but more often during the day with no snacking in between. make sure you measure out everyday his daily requirement of food, it should be listed on the food packing.

Doing this will ensure that he does not eat too much at one time, which can lead to vomiting.

Now at first he will drive you crazy for more food but you have to stick to your guns for his sake. Don't worry they will adjust, I have been through this myself with several cats.

i have a web site about cats and have several pages about cat food etc which you may find of interest. here is the firsts page about this

/cat-food.html

best wishes Kate
http://www.our-happy-cat,com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth