Cats/My Cat

My cat was spayed over 24 hours ago and she hasn't ate or drank anything. Her stomach looks sucked in and her ribs are showing what do i do??

sometimes the anaesthetic can take several days to completely wear off and during this time the cat may simply want to rest and not be interested in food etc. However any longer than two days without drinking is defiantely not good and if i were you i would telephone the vets in this case to ask for advice. they may want to see her again just in case or they may suggest that you try to give her some water yourself. It can never hurt to telephone the vets for follow up information after an operation.

Hopefully she will recover soon and be back to her old self again.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.