Cats/My Cat

Question
My cat was spayed over 24 hours ago and she hasn't ate or drank anything. Her stomach looks sucked in and her ribs are showing what do i do??

Answer
Hi
sometimes the anaesthetic can take several days to completely wear off and during this time the cat may simply want to rest and not be interested in food etc. However any longer than two days without drinking is defiantely not good and if i were you i would telephone the vets in this case to ask for advice. they may want to see her again just in case or they may suggest that you try to give her some water yourself. It can never hurt to telephone the vets for follow up information after an operation.

Hopefully she will recover soon and be back to her old self again.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth