Cats/Kitten not eating

i hope you can help, my kitten is about 13 weeks old and for the last 2 week is not wanting to eat, i have tried everything incase she doesnt like the food i was buying buy now she just seems to lick it but not actually eat anything, what should i do?

it could be that she is a slow starter and needs a little longer with the kitten milk before moving onto solids.

can i suggest that you take a look at two pages on my web site one is about feeding young cats the other is about weaning them onto solid food. I hope they help

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.