Cats/Kitten is not playful.

I have 2 months old Persian kitten. I feel she is not playfull. She is not playing untill I seat with her and play with her otherwise she will just seat or sleep. Is she happy here? She likes to chase wire and cloth string. How can I make her to play alone by her own?

Simple answer is you can't. At 2 months old she is still very young and is probably still feeling a little unsure of her new home etc. It is rally good that she plays with you and this is fantastic for her, as she is leaning how to chase and play. As she gets older i'm sure she will start to explore her world more.

I would like to say though, you have not mentioned if you have taken her to the vet for a check up. if not I would recommend it, just to make sure there is nothing physically wrong.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.