Cats/M y Cat is scratching himself to death!

Question
My cat ( Happyfeet) is around 1 - 2 years old and lately he has scratched a big open wound on his neck and he will not stop scratching it. We have tried to wrap it up but he kept pulling the wrap off. Thats not all now he is scratching his ear and there is a red sore on the inside of his ear. I want to take him to the vet but its too expensive. If you have any idea on what to do please help. Thanks

Answer
Hi
difficult to say what the actual cause is as only an examination could do this. it may be ear mites
see here
/cat-ear-mites.html

It could be an allergy
/cat-allergy.html

or it may due to anxiety or some other parasite
/cat-hair-loss.html

Hopefully my pages will be able to help you further.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth