Cats/Mean cat

Question
Hi Kate!

My friend Jeff brought a cat to his new house when he finally left the nest.  This cat has been vicious toward me, but loves Jeff obviously since he feeds her and takes care of her. When I come over, she hisses, growls and is aggressive toward me.  What do you propose so that in time I can come over without being attacked?

I have two other cats at my home, both 4 and loving creatures. Yet this cat, Ollie, seems to be from the Darkness! I believe she had a bad previous owner, but wouldn't she have been a little less temperamental by now? Thanks for all your help!!

Frank D.
Guitar - General Expert
www.allexperts.com

Answer
Hi
well firstly when you visit, put on clean clothes which will will not have the smell of your cats on them. then when you do visit, do not go near the cat at all, don't look at her directly in the face and do not attempt to approach or touch her. the secret is allow the cat to become curious about you and for them to approach you. yes this takes some time and it may be several visits before she even attempts to come near you.

i have a web page which has some information about bonding with cats which you may find of help

/new-cat.html

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth